Saturday, September 26, 2009

The latest Ping fraud exposed: 'passportchop' & his army of clones???

Ping.sg 26/09/09: passportchop in No.3 of the 'Most' Popular site for the last 24 hour...


...with the supports of 10 clones. Pwned!!


Hey, don't get me wrong! I'm one of those few who are initially impressed with passportchop's blog. A shock is (almost like that when Ris Low was revealed to be a credit card fraud) that passportchop has a formidable group of clones in ping.sg.

This is how I came to know that.

Earlier this morning (as I have nothing to do), I just realized that within less than 5 hours, he had gathered 11 pongs for his post, "Riding into the Thick of Battle: Army Live Firing Safari" & thus, secured a 3rd place in the most popular (site) in ping.sg in the last 24 hours.

Impressive feat, I remember myself commented. But the content was hardly interesting. So I wonder who the hell ponged this post of his?

Then I noticed unfamiliar nicks of pingsters (trust me, I'm one of the ping.sg regulars) & moreover, I realized they a) do not have blogs registered and b) joined ping.sg between a short time span between 26 Aug 2009 to 06 Sept 2009.

Here are his clones (with the sequence of ponging):
1. professorx (date of join to ping.sg: 29/08/09)
2. bingspine (26/08/09)
3. johnny67 (28/08/09)
4. roslina (28/08/09)
5. omigod32 (31/08/09)
6. maximlee (26/08/09)
7. thomascrown (31/08/09)
8. koreadramaqueen (31/08/09)
9. lucymei (01/09/09)
10. hydroburn (06/09/09)

Therefore I conclude with a great disappointment: Greed (of seeing one's post in the top 10 of the most popular in ping.sg in the last 24 hours) has claimed yet another victim.

Sorry passportchop! Better luck next time...

4 comments:

Jenny said...

This account also - hisfoodblog

All of his post will have private 3 pongs to the top 10 within few mins.

Don believe me, check out all his posts, all has 3 private pongs one. He think people so stupid meh?

check it out!


http://ping.sg/item/Beijing-Gong---Imperial-Cuisine-Fit-For-A-King

http://ping.sg/item/Standing-Sushi-Bar-OUB-Centre

http://ping.sg/item/Ah-Hoi-s-Kitchen-Traders-Hotel

All his post is FAKE PONGED one. Dodgy character people all over. Becareful!

ZQ Travels said...

Hi Anonymous_X

I am the admin for PassportChop.com.

Just to clarify - the accounts you mentioned are NOT my clones (i.e. accounts created by myself to pong myself up to the Top 10). I personally know roslina but am not quite sure who the rest are.

I maintain a mailing list of about 200+ subscribers for PassportChop.com. Usually, after I published a post, I will send a mail with an abridged version of the content to my mailing list (this mail will contain my social marketing links - one of which is Ping.sg). I guess that some of my readers (e.g. roslina - she informed me via mail) had went on to register at Ping.sg. This could explain why some of my posts get pong-ed within hours - I checked with my backend blog traffic, email tracking (time of open, clickthrough) statistics & Ping.sg pong rate; they seemed to tally for the post on the Army Open House you mentioned.

PassportChop was started only 2 months plus ago (July 2009) and it took me about 1 month plus to build up the 200+ mailing list - I guess that would explain the proximity in registration dates of those Ping.sg users. I had also sent out an email blast to publicise my social networking details (e.g. Twitter/ Ping.sg/ Facebook) sometime around 26 August.

Of course, the above are just my guesses on the origins of the alleged clone accounts mentioned in your post. If warranted, Ping.sg could also do an IP check on these accounts for their origins.

This comment merely served as a clarification on some of the points you raised. I respect your opinions and would just like to put your observations into context.

Thank you
ZQ

His Food Blog said...

To Jenny,

Like ZQ, I have been in social networking for months, and even years (e.g. Plurk, Twitter, Facebook, Yebber, Ping, etc.).

And likewise, I would blast my updated posts to all my friends asking them for their support to pong me.

I pride myself with interesting and original content, spending hours on each post. Thus, I wouldn't be surprised that I have a faithful following reading my blog posts. In fact, Uzyn himself is a faithful reader of my posts. :)

Cheers!

Gabr said...

Latest about passportchop: Boost your visibility by buying FB 'fans'

http://news.omy.sg/News/Local%2BNews/Story/OMYStory201108050040-265255.html

http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2BNews/Science%2B%2526%2BTech/Story/A1Story20110805-292786.html

http://passportchop-com.blogspot.com/2011/08/passportchop-boosts-visibility-by.html