Saturday, July 02, 2011

Tan Kin Lian's blog ... hacked?!?! (or how he is pwned by a simple quest of finding an SIA hotline no)

Yes. That's my initial reaction when I read Tan Kin Lian's blog specifically this particular entry, "SIA website".

The 65-word article (excluding the title) is as follows:

I wanted to book an air ticket to Kuala Lumpur. I went to SIA website. The website hang during the booking. I tried a few times but could not get it to work. I searched the website for a hotline number. I could not find it. I spent half an hour trying to make a booking. Finally, I gave up and move to another airline.




No way is our Presidential candidate stumbled during navigating SIA website! (Surely the Singapore girls featured in the website are not distracting, are they?!)

Singapore Airlines


So I concluded that Mr Tan's blog must have been a victim of hackers (Maybe, although we can eliminate the possibility of the culprits being LulzSec).

That must be it!

No other reason for the blatant stupidity.

Then I checked out the comments section. My mistake. The post was genuinely his. But, but how could it be?! Just for a simple hotline he could not find it?! Another blogger one Loh Hon Chun is needed to state the obvious: a fact of life that a hotline no is usually found in 'contact us' page. Sheesh.

Loh Hon Chun vs Tan Kin Lian: 1 - 0

No comments: