Saturday, May 03, 2008

You have been nominated for omy Singapore Blog Awards 2008

Received an email from a blogger, Alvinology. (Excerpt below) I don't know who the blogger is, but I must say he's good. How does he figure out my email address? Have I finally come across another formidable Net hunter? Hmmm...

Anyway. Out of curiousity, I checked the registration form & found out that IF I were to agree to be nominated (apparently it's under "Most Insightful Blog"), I'd need to send in the URL of my 3 best entries.

No kidding.

Tell you what, Alvin-who-is-definitely-not-a-chipmunk, why don't you tell me what my 3 best entries are. And while you're cracking your head thinking about it, perhaps I would be able to use the time to solve the mystery of how you got to know my email address. (Of course it would be easier to just email him back & inquire about it, but still...)

Dear blogger,

You have been nominated by Alvinology to join the Singapore Blog Awards, because Alvinology thinks that your blog is loud and clear.

The Singapore Blog Awards, organised by Singapore's leading bilingual-friendly, news and interactive web portal, omy, seeks to give recognitions to outstanding blogs in Singapore.

The winners in the 7 award categories of Singapore Blog Awards will each win a laptop and a trophy designed by multi-disciplinary artist, Tan Swie Hian.

We have radio awards, song awards, TV awards, newspaper awards, why not a blog awards? Especially when Singapore is one of the most wired nations in the world with 7 out of 10 local netizens, having their own blogs. At the juncture of both east and west pop and Internet culture, whether it's blogspot, livejournal, pixnet or wretch, Singapore bloggers are familiar with them all.

Thus the birth of Singapore's first bilingual blog awards!

Please accept the nomination by completing the registration form.

We look forward to seeing your participation.

3 comments:

rinaz said...

I got one too. I assume he got your email because you posted in his blog some while back?

Alvin said...

yeah. rinaz got in spot on. :) obvious what.

cheers,
alvinology

Anonymous_X said...

rinaz: ah. yes. that's possible.

alvin: heh. thanks for confirming that. so much for being nominated for 'most insightful' then, isn't it? =\