Monday, June 27, 2011

President wannabe Mohamed Raffi Bashir Ahmed - a follow up to "I Am No 4"

A belated follow-up to this post, "Presidential Racer Mohammed Raffi: "I Am No 4".", I've just found out this clip, "Fourth presidential hopeful collects forms (09 Jun 2011)".



Here's the description in the YouTube:
A man, under investigation for allegedly driving a van spray-painted with expletives into the Islamic Religious Council of Singapore premises in January, is thinking of running for the Elected President's post.

Mohamed Raffi Bashir Ahmed, 50, turned up at the Elections Department on Thursday to collect forms to contest the Presidential Election. He said he did so because a friend had promised to be his campaign manager.

Mr Raffi said he retired three years ago after he "made his bundle". He did not disclose whether he had been a CEO or chairman of a company.

He was the former owner of the Singapore Satay Club in Sembawang.

Mr Raffi said if he became President, he would want to help Singaporeans become better citizens. "I've seen the good side of Singapore. I've seen the bad side of Singapore. But the worst was the ugly side of Singapore. So I want to help repair the ugly side of Singapore first."

After the incident in January, Mr Raffi was arrested again in March for disorderly behaviour in Changi where he is alleged to have used expletives on police officers.

He was subsequently remanded at the Institute of Mental Health for psychiatric assessments and later freed on bail. Investigations into the expletives-painted van incident are ongoing.

Earlier Thursday, a group of three unidentified men turned up together at the Elections Department. They are believed to have collected forms for the Certificate of Eligibility. They declined comment when asked by MediaCorp why they were there.

Applications opened on June 1, and will close on the third day after a writ is issued for the Presidential Election which must take place before August 31.

To date, former People's Action Party (PAP) Member of Parliament (MP) Tan Cheng Bock, former NTUC Income chief Tan Kin Lian, and 70-year-old Mr Ooi Boon Ewe - who failed in his bid to contest the recent General Election as an independent candidate - have collected forms for the Presidential Election.

Representatives of former foreign affairs minister George Yeo on Monday collected the forms on his behalf.

MediaCorp understands that former group chief financial officer of JTC Corp, Andrew Kuan, will also be collecting the forms before the closing date.


So it is the same Mohamed Raffi Bashir Ahmed! Irregardless the use of 'Mohammed' (additional 'm' to the name). Heh. A (little) mystery is solved. Heh.

No comments: